Memorial Day - a Day of Thanks and a Day of Memories

To the men and women who have served and are serving so we may live as we live.....a humble thank you. My son in law, Andrew, serves today in the Coast Guard. My brother in law, USAF Captain Roger W. Irie, gave his life in the service of his country in 1979. To my mentors and family in the Air Force where I served mid 70s to early 80s, Thank You! My husband and I were both active duty Air Force way back when so a good part of our lives and memories are of the times we served during a mostly peaceful time in our country. We owe our blessings to those who serve so bravely today. Thanking you and yours for our lives and freedom.

(Peaceful times in pre-computer 1981.)

Remembering our Veterans on Memorial Day. THANK YOU!

Humbly,

formerly USAF Sgt Pamela Irie 1975-1981

Comments

  1. Amen to that and blessings to all who wait for their loved ones to return home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your service, Pam. Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!

Popular Posts