Petal Pillow - Making the Best Pillow Corner!


I absolutely knew I had to make a petal pillow as soon as I saw the guest tutorial by Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew on V and Co. blog.  I chose a very thin wale printed pink/red corduroy and bright fire engine red felt (off the bolt) to make the petal pillow above. Instead of buying an already made pillow form to insert, I sewed one from muslin and stuffed it with fiberfill. The petal pillow cover is sewn like a sham in back.



Regarding the perfect pillow corner, I wish I could take credit for this because it's such an in genius idea, but......here's the fabulous tutorial by La Maison Reid that shows you exactly how to make a pillow corner for this pretty petal pillow. Give these gals' blogs a look see and make a petal pillow or two. This turned out to be one of the most fun sewing projects I've made in a while.  
 
P.S. If you like the woven leather belt seating on my chair, here's how to weave a leather chair seat. Linking to Motivate Me Monday at Keeping It Simple.

Comments

  1. What a gorgeous pillow, Pam and you made it look so easy too. I suck at sewing. :-( SO I envy those that can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Pam, this pillow is stunning! I must find out how to do one. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really did it! It looks fantastic and I love the red on red. Was it hard to make the petal part? I'm going to have to try that. Hope your corners turned out! My husband made a rather large pillow with this technique and it turned out great!
    xox
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I love the petals and that red is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So glad to hear from you! Thanks for visiting!

Popular Posts